|Campground Comments and
- There is actually a trail that leads down to the lake though rather than a look out hike. I just did it over the past weekend and it was pretty spectacular. It has a quick elevation though and can be dangerous as some parts are quite steep especially coming back up. Highly recommend for a pretty darn good view that very few seem to go after.
- This is one of the iconic views of the Rockies.
- Beautifully picturesque, simply breathtaking!
- We reviewed the website to see good places to go to.
- Nice hike and not too long of a hike. The view is priceless!! Once there angle left (short hike) and can get a view of Bow lake
- Spectacular, even under rainy conditions.
- I went to the rocky viewing platform off the loop. It was stunning. Everyone should go that little extra distance and the hike there is really easy once you are past the wooden viewing platform.
- View point is always crowded, trials are better. Also Northern Gateway Enbridge pipeline ads on this website, what a weird irony!
- My wife and I have been there in summer and winter. Last winter we went snow shoeing. It was a clear sunny day and he scenery was spectacular. The best area for snow shoeing I have ever seen.
- Have only viewed from the lookout. Planning a 3 camping trip.
- Quick hike with a great payoff!!
- It is an excellent short hike with a great payout view of one of the most iconic lakes in the Canadian Rockies.
- For strong hikers, following Peyto Creek from the southwest end of the lake to Cauldron Lake is a must. If the trail beside the waterfall is covered with snow, proceed with extreme caution or turn back; the loose scree slope can give way underfoot and send you over a tall cliff. Remember the steep climb from the lake to the viewpoint will test your legs at the end of this long hike, but the scenery at Cauldron is spectacular and well worth it!
- How much time does it take to make the hikes past the viewpoint? That would be helpful.
- The best lake in Canada!
- One of the most beautiful
- Hiked to Caldron Lake - an amazing spot
- Hoping to see all of this early next year are there some not too long not too steep hikes?
- The lake is beautiful but the crowds of people are a turn off.
All Rights Reserved.