|Campground Comments and
- A satisfying challenge for novice but fit hikers. Some beautiful views and some forest scenes. Bring water or a good filter system. Some fairly steep sections.
- Transcription 1966
Aug 15/1928/Topographical Survey/MGF Bridgland D-S/H.G. Ennis/ ? Packer/ I... Frew/K... Betts/---/---/---/ Major Cook"
- Loved it! Worth every step!
- A long walk but a good trail. A couple of great viewpoints in first 2 miles, then thru the woods until the lake.
- I was a beginner level hiker then, when I hiked this trail, so quite a difficult for me, but at the end the trail the view of Glacier lake and mountains are way more worth to do the hike. I would recommend everyone to do this hike.
- Excellent weekend in the bush.
- Hiked this in Aug. 2016. Trail is relatively easy, pretty steady elevation gain with only a couple steeper areas. There is some nice scenery however views are very limited on the hike in as the forest is very thick. I didn''t make it to the glacier, just the end of the lake as time was running short for daylight. Plus, once I got to the end of the lake, it''s very marshy up towards the glacier. As I didn''t have time to look for away around the valley for better ground I just admired it from afar. Loved being able to have a fire just wish assholes would quit thinking it okay to burn metal cans and leave them, I hauled them out for the assholes.
- Its up hill both ways. 200m to top of ridge, 200m down to lake. no views from howse river to lake,just trees. very windy at lake when I was there.. If you like lakes you will enjoy it. I did it as a day hike and probably would have liked it better if I would have camped there for a bit.
- I packed in nearly fifty years ago and crossed the river on a ''bridge'' made from a large log flattened on top !; I still cringe with fear even now ! --- but I guess there is now a proper bridge. I found a log hut, no door, on the left side of the lake as I approached it. On the opposite side of the lake was an glacier which spawned small icebergs on to the lake. Very enchanting. I can visualise it now. Clem
- Snow just killed us, but a great hike!
- A long walk, but not very strenuous. There is evidence of early travellers, so it''s interesting to think of people making the trek and not knowing what they''d find.
All Rights Reserved.