|Campground Comments and
- It wasn''t as good as I thought.
- A dreamscape when powdered with fresh snow!
- A great climb. Loved the gradual ascent. Much of it is in the trees. Did hike January 2nd. Trail in great shape. Did not need snow shoes.
- Perfect for a hot clear day
- Loved this hike. Only thing to complain about was how wet the ground is. Wear proper footwear
- Drove 4 hours, hiked 5 and returned Oct 4. Steady slog up through tall pines with occasional scenic views. Skiff of snow and ice, overcast, windy and cool at Tower Lake. Scenic steep climb up to Rockbound lake where I ate lunch then set back. Rockbound is in the shadow of Castle Mountain this time of year and stark. Will make more time next season to climb above the lake mid summer. Enjoyed the few others out that day on the trail. Very memorable.
- Long slog up to lake and down.
- Hiked thru lots of forest and mud, a pretty boring hike for the reward!
- Take the extra time and effort and hike above the lake. Views from that point are unforgettable.
All Rights Reserved.