I'm never sure which ones are edible but do know that several of them are poisonous and if eaten or even handled it can lead to a gruesome death. See the NAMA web site for poisoning details
. Although mushrooms are very interesting to look at, the microscopic spores found on the gills can contain serious toxins. I quote a mycologist, who said the following, "Fungal species are to numerous to identify and no one can claim to be an expert. There are several deadly look a like's and some have not even been documented". Mushrooms are mystical and fun to observe. They have not been identified.